The Arrowhead Newspaper Exists online

The Arrowhead Newspaper has been on the top ten list of the most visited High School Newspapers since 2009, but most Arrowhead students aren’t even aware that Arrowhead has a paper.

Alyssa Wing, a sophomore at AHS says, “I’ve never been told we have a newspaper, and I don’t even know how to find it.”

The Arrowhead paper can be found on the arrowhead website under clubs and activities, School paper.

Wing believes that it would help students if there were posters advertising upcoming articles. Also, she says the Arrowhead should focus on after school activities, upcoming new school projects, and social activities.  Alyssa says if there were a way for students to suggest topics, it would generate a lot more interest in the student body.

Hannah Elrod, a junior says, “I haven’t seen the Arrowhead paper. It’s not something I can hold, if it was tangible it would be more worthwhile for me.”

Elrod says she would read the paper if the stories hit home more, like stories on the lives of the Arrowhead teachers, the reoccurring explosions in labs, and car accidents.

The Arrowhead has articles written by sophomores, juniors and seniors, so the articles are on various subjects with a variety of students interviewed.  Each week, journalists pick an article topic with some sort of relation with Arrowhead, and then interviews are conducted.

“No, I haven’t heard of the paper, because it’s just not present. Having posters around the school announcing big articles would help get the word out,” says Caitlin Englebert, a junior.

The Arrowhead journalists work hard to turn in their articles and photos every Friday. After the articles are turned in, they are then put up on the paper’s website. Journalists can then choose to submit his or her story a school journalism review website to win cash.