The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

What Arrowhead Students Did Over Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving is a day of giving thanks. According to Britannica, the holiday originated in 1621 when the Colonial Pilgrims boarded into new land, and had assistance from the Wampanoag Native American Tribe.

This year, Arrowhead’s Thanksgiving break was from November 22 through November 26th. Thanksgiving Day was on November 23, 2023.

Thanksgiving can look different, but Americans are the most familiar with having turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls, green beans, and cranberry sauce. 

Senior Eiley Brahm says, “I worked a lot, was able to sleep in a little bit more which was nice. On Thanksgiving, I ate ham and potatoes, and JELL-O.” 

Brahm works at Heritage Senior Living in Hartland. 

Sophomore Hallie Knurowski says, “I spent the holiday with my family and grandparents, and we all went over to my grandparents house to spend the day watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, and the Packers play.”

The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade was broadcasted on NBC News and simulcasted on Peacock at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday November 23rd in New York City.  

The Packers game was broadcasted on FOX at 12:30 p.m. , Eastern time 9:30 a.m. on Thursday November 23rd on Ford Field in Detroit. The Packers went up against the Detroit Lions. The final score of the game was Packers 29 and the Lions 22.