Students Make Flower Plans for Prom

Arrowhead’s prom is on Saturday, April 27, 2024 at the Brookfield Conference Center at 6:15pm. Students have been preparing for prom by buying dresses, ordering jewelry, and flowers. Tickets for Arrowhead’s prom were sold online from April 1, 2024 to April 12, 2024 for $85 each.

Some students have already ordered flowers for prom. Students say they have purchased bouquets and boutonnières for pictures. 

Bouquets range from $45-$80, depending on the flowers. Boutonnière’s cost $22-$30, depending on the flower, ribbon, and jules. The Flower Garden offers jules ribbons and feathers to add to bouquets. ​​The address for The Flower Garden is 202 North Ave, Hartland, WI 53029. 

The Flower Garden is open from 9 AM- 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday and open from 9 AM- 2 PM closed on Sunday. Flowers can be ordered up until Thursday. 

It is also a trend for students to make their own bouquets. Students will buy flowers from the grocery store—usually Trader Joe’s, students say—and pick out flowers they would want in their bouquets.  

Senior Kate Taylor said, “My mom made my bouquet for homecoming and it was good she got the flowers from Trader Joe’s.”

It has been a trend that students will even have parties where they will have brunch and make bouquets the day of prom or the day before.

Another place students will go for bouquets and boutonnière is Sendik’s Food Market in Hartland. Boutonnières start at $18 and bouquets start at $50. Sendiks is open from 7 AM to 9 PM every day. 

Senior Sidney Doble said. “I went to Sendik’s for my flowers and they were $60.”