The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Arrowhead’s Spring NLI Signees

Arrowhead Union High School had 10 student athletes sign their National Letter of Intent contracts Wednesday, April 18th, 2024. An NLI is an agreement between a student athlete and the university the athlete plans on attending under NCAA rules. 

The athletes include seniors Ava Oleniczak, Lia Maxwell, Jaxon Marshall, Nolan Buss, Wes Lindee, Jacob Lorbecki, Matthew Ortin, Brayden Ramus, Carter Scott, and Issei Takahashi. 

Oleniczak is attending Purdue University Northwest to play Division 2 women’s soccer. The university is located in St. Hammond Indiana and has about 10,000 students. 

Maxwell is playing Division 3 golf at Coe College. Coe College is a private liberal college located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with about 2,000 students. 

Marshall is going to the University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire and playing Division 3 Men’s soccer. The university has about 10,000 students each year and offers Bachelors and Masters degrees. 

Buss is attending Kansas State University playing Division 1 Baseball. KSU is located in Manhattan, Kansas, with about 15,000 students in attendance there each year. 

Lindee is playing Division 3 baseball at Concordia University of Wisconsin. Concordia is located in Mequon, Wisconsin, and is a private university with about 3,000 students in attendance.

Lorbecki will be attending Wisconsin Lutheran College playing Division 3 Baseball. The university is located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and is a private liberal arts college affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.

Ortin is playing Division 3 Baseball at the University of Northwestern-St Paul located in Roseville, Minnesota. The University of Northwestern-St Paul is a private, Christian university with about a 3,000 student population. Ortin plans to major in Kinesiology. 

Ramus is playing Division 3 Baseball at UW-River Falls located in River Falls, Wisconsin. It is a public university that holds a student population of 4,772. UW-River Falls is a part of the University of Wisconsin System and is situated on the Kinnickinnic River in the St. Croix River Valley.

Scott will be playing Division 3 Baseball at Marian University located in Lond Du Lac, Wisconsin. Marian University is a private Roman Catholic university that was founded in 1936 and has an enrollment of approximately 2,000 students.

Takahashi will be playing Division 3 Baseball at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology located in Terre Haute, Indiana. The university was founded in 1874 and is focused on engineering and technology undergraduate programs. Takahashi plans to major in Mechanical Engineering.