Arrowhead Students Shop for Homecoming Attire

Homecoming is planned for October 15th at Arrowhead High School in both the North Campus West and East gymnasium. The theme this year is Hollywood and the dance opens at 7:30 p.m. and at 11:00 p.m. it will end.  With the date approaching, students are preparing for this event. Students are finding dates and figuring out rides, hosting after parties, and getting outfits. 

Senior Elliot Astle said he doesn’t know if he is going to homecoming yet but says he’d “probably (wear) sunglasses and a suit…I like these leather shoes with a light tan.”

Another senior who is going, Kate Sprinkman, is planning on wearing a dark red short dress with a flower pattern. She got the dress from Altar’d State in Brookfield for around $70.00. She said, “People are always wearing those tight sparkly dresses.” However, Sprinkman wouldn’t wear one of those as, “That’s just not me.”

According to a fashion blog called PromGirl, 2022’s popular dress colors include hot pink/neon pink, emerald green, and rose gold. With so many colors to choose from, there can be many different factors to help you decide. Students can use colors that compliment their skin color or eye color, choose their favorite color, or pair with their date or group. For those who want to dress more masculine at Arrowhead, they can choose to wear a full-on black suit or tux, or they can be bolder. Furthermore, another common method of choosing an outfit is color association, the method of wearing a certain color to showcase a certain emotion: hot pink shows confidence, emerald green shows class and rose gold shows a mix of class and femininity. 

Another student who will be attending, Austin Mueller said, “I don’t have a specific plan, but I like black suits and they look nice. I want a black suit and black pants and probably a black tie.”

As for styles, there are a lot more options for those who wish to wear dresses. The students can choose flowy dresses or in contrast a fitted dress. But even with these two styles of dresses, students have more to consider; length, backless, straps, neckline, textures, and patterns are all added choices students have to make. As for those who want to skip dresses, the options are down to either a suit or a tux. 

It is important to keep in mind the dress code that Arrowhead has. For the dance, the only specific requirements are no stilettos on the floor. Wearing other shoes or simply putting your shoes away in the bag check can be a compromise. Other than that, as long as there is no clothing that has suggesting designs or style then the clothes are fine≥