AHS Fall Musical, Oklahoma! Begins October 18th

The+Broadway+Company+students+practice+every+day+after+school+to+ensure+a+quality+show+is+performed.++

The Broadway Company students practice every day after school to ensure a quality show is performed.

On October 18th is the premier of Arrowhead High School’s new musical, Oklahoma!  Oklahoma! will show everyday starting October 18th and going through the 26th in the North Campus theater. There will be a show playing every night of the week at 7:00 pm. On Sunday, September 20th, there will be a matinee show at 1:00pm.

This year, there is a new way to purchase tickets. They can be purchased online, at lunch, and in the choir room. To purchase tickets online, go to Arrowhead’s website and click on “Oklahoma tickets” under the News & Events section on the right hand side of the homepage.  The tickets went on sale on October 4th at 7:00am.

“This musical is full of comedy, fun dance numbers, romance and it’s overall a great show to see!” said junior, Ciera Schmidt, who is playing the lead role of Laurey.

“The play is mainly about several love stories and how Oklahoma became a state. For a long time, Oklahoma was a territory, and through this great story, you get to see the change overtime,” says Nancy Jorgensen, one of the directors.

While Schmidt plays the lead role, Laurey; senior, Joey Ferrito is Curley; senior, Lyssa Yehle is Ado Annie; senior, Noah Nethery is Will; senior, Kristina Heideman is Aunt Eller; and senior, Nolan Jensen is Ali Hakim.

“Each of these characters are well suited for their roles and do a great job playing them,” Lyssa Yehle.

The Broadway Company practices everyday for about four hours after school.  At practice, they run the dance numbers and sing the songs to make sure they are perfect when the show begins, Schmidt said.

“I enjoy being part of this year’s musical because it tests so much of your character. A musician I look up to once said, ‘musicians are some of the best multitaskers,’” said Nethery.

Oklahoma! is a musical known for it’s comedy.

“I love that this musical is literally timeless and it has a gorgeous score. The characters are so genuine and so raw. I love it. Overall, it is a solid show. It’s a must see!” says Nethery. “It’s so realistic that you will feel like you’re going back in time for two and a half hours. It gives you a nice chance to forget about homework and other commitments.”

“I suggest bringing a significant other because it’s a romantic show,” says Nethery.

“I’d encourage everyone to come to the show because it’s a great one,” says Schmidt.