Eager Students Await Homecoming

When school starts, Arrowhead students look forward to homecoming. Homecoming is a tradition that started at Harvard and Yale in 1870s.But the idea didn’t really take off until 1910. The celebration was intended to bring back graduates to a major game in the school football season.

Today homecoming at Arrowhead still has the same basic as when the tradition first started in the  1900s. We have a school pep rally, and parade during the day,and later, the students at Arrowhead meet at the stadium for the football game.

Though the football  is a major part of the homecoming tradition, the homecoming dance is the center of it all.

In the weeks leading up to homecoming,students are enthusiastic about asking and being asked to the homecoming dance.

There are many creative ways to ask someone to homecoming.

Bryce Greenhagen, a sophomore at AHS said “I asked my homecoming date by making a big name tag.”

Jalayah Webster said,“ My favorite part is going out to eat because I really love FOOD!”

“I like dressing up and the after party is gonna be hoppin and poppin,” said Alana Schelfen, a sophomore.

“I like going out to eat before hand, but besides that, dressing up is the best part,” Ashley Lanzarotti.

Kory Clark, a sophomore said, “Homecoming is week is just a really fun time to hang out with your friends, talking about each others homecoming plans, who’s going with who,and the upcoming events that go along with homecoming. I love getting ready for the dance, and being there because everybody looks hella- fly!”