Arrowhead’s Athletic Excellence Continues

According to the activities office secretary Liz Arsnow, the class of 2018 had 39 students participate in the sports signing event.

When students are involved in signing day, they are committing to play that sport in college. There are three signing dates which occur each fall, winter, and spring.

The three signing days involve nine sports:basketball, football, softball, baseball, track, hockey, lacrosse, swimming and golf. Signing day for these sports all differ. These sports are all between division one, two and three.

AHS senior John Doleschy is continuing his football career in college playing on the defence end.

“I am committed to the University of Wisconsin—Whitewater,” Doleschy said.

Doleschy said there are many things that he is excited for, when taking next steps in his football career.

Doleschy said, “I am really excited because I guess I have always loved Whitewater’s academics, and the campus. And after meeting all the coaches and the teammates it has me really excited when thinking about spending my next four year with them…I am looking forward to meeting/ being with my new teammates and making a lot of memories with them.”

“I am nervous for the training and workout portion of football. I heard that the fall camp is very challenging which could get frustrating. I also am nervous for the school part of college. Yes it is exciting that I am playing college football but I need to stay on top of my schoolwork so I don’t get too behind,” Doleschy said.

AHS senior Megan Peterson also committed to a college sport and was involved in the fall signing.

“Junior year, I committed to Grand Valley State University in Michigan to continue my basketball career,” Peterson said.

Peterson said, “I cannot wait to see the new opportunities that come my way in my future.”

Peterson said her Grand Valley team is one of the best in the conference.

“One thing that I am really looking forward the most is winning the national championship. We have a lot of good incoming freshman so we are predicted to be really good,” Peterson said.

Peterson said that one of the biggest things she is nervous for is leaving her family behind.

“I am scared to leave my family because I have never been away from them for such a long period of time. I hope that they are able to make it so a few of my games even though it is far away,” Peterson said.