Next Year’s Schedule Sign-Up Now Open for AHS Students

AHS junior Noah Klockow signs up for next years classes via computer.

AHS junior Noah Klockow signs up for next year’s classes via computer.

Arena scheduling opened on Skyward for upcoming Arrowhead juniors, sophomores, and freshmen on February 9th at 5pm, and closes on Friday, February 16th at 9pm.

To sign up, South Guidance Counselor Tom Stuber says, “Students should go to the Arrowhead website under ‘course info and selection’ to get the materials they need. They will also be hearing a 40 minute presentation during their English classes (freshman and sophomores) and in study hall (juniors) during the first week in February.”

In addition to the presentation, students can get a more detailed explanation of how to sign up via Skyward by going to the following link: https://www.wevideo.com/view/1052145076

“I’ve been thinking a lot about next year’s classes,” says AHS junior Gabbi Pancheri. “I was that freshman that planned out my entire high school during my first year.”

“Next year is my senior year so I’ll probably take it a lot easier than I did this year,” says AHS junior Morgan Konopka, who is currently enrolled in two AP classes. “My parents are making me take some classes to prepare for college, like ‘college strategies,’ but other than that I’m taking pretty easy classes, like ‘organizational communication.’”

“I’m so excited for my sophomore year,” says AHS sophomore Jesse Adams. “I’m going to finally be at north. I have so many more interesting classes to take, and I have the chance to have FSO which would allow me to sleep in a little longer.”

Flexible scheduling option, most commonly referred to as “FSO,” is available for students at north who prefer a late arrival to school or an early dismissal. In order to be eligible for FSO, the “Flexible Option Scheduling Contract,” found under “Course Selection” on the Arrowhead website, says the following: “In order to qualify for FSO, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA, must not have any F’s, must not have 2 or more D’s, and must not exceed 4 tardies to school.”

The information pertaining how FSO works and additional information can be found on the following link: http://www.arrowheadschools.org/cms_files/resources/FSO%20Pg%202%20REV.pdf

“I love how we have so many options over what classes we have the option for taking,” says AHS junior Maddy Michelini. “Unlike a lot of other schools that I know of, we have so many more choices over what classes we can take, there seems to be an option for everyone. I’m really interested in a career involving something with social studies, and I have the freedom to take a variety of social studies classes.”

AHS counselor Angela Rodenkirch sent an email out to AHS students the morning of February 15th saying, “Please remember that course selections are due in Skyward by 9:00 P.M. tomorrow night, Friday 2/16. Students who do not enter course requests by tomorrow night will miss the opportunity to choose their own classes, and will have a schedule generated by their counselor.”