Arrowhead Welcomes New Physics Teachers

New to the Arrowhead science department are two Physics teachers, Chris Streufert and Kristin Michalski. Both teachers have previously taught at surrounding schools, and have the experience that Arrowhead teachers are known for.

This year at Arrowhead, the most recent addition at North Campus is the new teachers. These teachers are a part of the Social Studies department and Science department.

Streufert and Michalski are the newest addition to the Science department as Physics teachers.

Streufert had previously taught at Kaukauna High School for three years, then at Ripon High School for another three years before coming to Arrowhead.

Michalski had left her 20 year teaching job at Mukwonago High School to try out a different experience at a new school and widen her outlook on teaching Physics.

“I wanted to take a risk so I could grow as an individual and a teacher. In addition, I wanted to be able to collaborate with other physics teachers, at Mukwonago, I was the only one who taught physics,” said Michalski.

Although both teachers have chose to teach Physics, neither thought that’s where they would end up.

“I originally thought I was going to be an electrical engineer, but decided to become a teacher after I started graduate school in engineering. I then switched schools to earn my teaching credentials,” said Streufert.

Michalski knew she wanted to teach Science, but didn’t find out Physics was her favorite until the end of her schooling.

Michalski said, “When I was working on my teaching license, unfortunately I took Physics last. I found that I absolutely loved physics.  I had the opportunity to participate in a great physics master’s program at UW- River Falls during the summer.”

As for what either teachers will bring to Arrowhead, neither are quite sure yet.

“There may be something that I bring that’s not already here, but what that is, I do not yet know,” said Streufert.