The Benefits of Beautiful Writing

Writing offers students the opportunity to express both their feelings and thoughts through a piece of writing, according to the The Write Practice.com, a website that contains informative writing information.

Arrowhead High School offers many classes that involve writing. Some of these classes include journalism, creative writing, composition and advanced composition.

“Composition is a rigorous course that focuses on the writing process, including the concepts of writing well: brevity, clarity, word choice, mechanics, voice, style, organization, audience, and paragraph development.” This information of these courses is from the Arrowhead high school Syllabus.

“Journalism is designed to enable students to learn the art and craft of reporting, writing, and presenting the news. Students will focus on the philosophy of strong ethical journalism, the roles for a publication, organizational and teamwork skills, and finally, the structural as well as business aspects of a school news publication.”

Joe Bunting, a writer of the Thirties Practice on the Benefits of Writing website, says, “What is it about beautiful writing that is beautiful? Is beauty just in the eye of the beholder? In other words, are we culturally conditioned to think some writing is beautiful? Or is there something universal in beautiful writing, something that exists beyond cultural relativity and is inherent in all human perceptions?”

Maddie Hemmer a senior, says “writing has always been something I’ve found beautiful but we just don’t get the opportunity to ever write about things that we like to write about.”

Some students at Arrowhead High school say they wish to learn how to write beautifully and express themselves from a piece of writing.

Senior Courtney Gresbach says, “We don’t learn how to express ourselves in writing at school nor how to write something powerful. It’s more or less writing a piece of writing that’s easy to grade. I wish English teachers would look past their circular plan and let students write about a more detailed subjects. “

Arrowhead seniors say they wish to seek writing in different ways to write beautifully and to learn how to be powerful with writing.

The benefits of writing beautifully has been something teens at Arrowhead have been wanting to achieve.

“I think the benefits of writing beautifully and writing as as a whole has so many positive aspects, s says senior Grace Cummings.

What are the benefits of writing? Many students at Arrowhead high school know the answer but wish to furthermore advance on the subject by writing about subjects that are relative to themselves.