Strike Out Bullying

The Milwaukee Brewers are currently holding a pep rally contest for all school-aged children. In order to partake all they have to do is write a one page essay about the efforts their school is taking to strike out bullying. This contest is up for grabs from February 23rd to April 12th, 2015.

In order to be eligible to participate, students have to be in either public or private school, as well as be a citizen of Milwaukee, Racine, Ozaukee, Washington, or Waukesha county. Students prohibited are those who are children of employees at the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball club.

The student who wins will have the enjoyment of hosting the Brewers as well as other personnel at their school. They will also receive Brewers tickets, apparell, and transportation to and from Miller Park. The icing on the cake for the winning student is that they have the opportunity to throw out the first pitch for that nights game.

The Milwaukee Brewers Baseball club will select a panel of judges to decide on the winning essay.

In order to submit an essay student can either do it online through brewers.com/beyondthediamond or send it in to Brewers Community Relations Department, Attention: Strike Out Bullying Contest, One Brewers Way, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53214.

Taylor Winter, a senior at Arrowhead High school, is rather fond of the idea that the Brewers are reaching out to students in order to cause awareness.

“I think the idea of the Brewers providing an opportunity for relatively local students to give their opinion on bullying is really smart. This is the type of contest that really is beneficial,” says Winter.

Ali Nigel, a junior at Arrowhead, is also in favor of the contest.

“I really like that idea that we all have to actually think about bullying and what is being done in order to prevent it. With such a big school at Arrowhead it isn’t always the easiest to circulate the effects of bullying,” says Nigel.