Students Stressing Out for End of Semester

Arrowhead students are getting ready to end their first semester here at Arrowhead High School on January 23, 2015. There are many emotions running high through all the students. Some students have worked very hard while others have slacked off.

“I have worked so hard this whole semester, so when exams come, I don’t have to stress as much about them,” said junior Ellie Shelp.

Shelp has gotten good grades all semester and has studied for tests and quizzes bringing her success. On the other hand, some other students don’t have as much motivation as Shelp.

“I do care about my grades, but I haven’t found the time to study for tests or quizzes,” says junior Nic Alonge.

Many of the students are already starting to study for their exams, so they feel comfortable knowing all the material. Some students even start studying a couple weeks in advance so they can remember all the information with a snap of the finger.

Teachers on the other hand are stressing out for finals as well. Even though they are not the ones taking the exam, they still have a lot of material on their plate. They have to grade every kids missing/late work. They might also give the students extra credit, so they have to grade that as well. Even on the day of the exams, they have to run the scantrons through the machine and finish out final grades.

“It’s a very stressful time for me right now,” says math teacher Mr. Martin. “I usually have the scantrons done 30 minutes after the exam, but since my wife is going into labor anytime now, it’s very stressful for me, so they will probably be in a couple days later.”

Everybody here at AHS has some stress on their hands at the end of the semester, but when the semester is finished, there will be a clean slate where everyone can start fresh.