Arrowhead Journalism Publishes Weekly Newspaper Online

imageJournalism is a class taught at Arrowhead Union High School by Elizabeth Jorgensen.  Students sign up for the class to train their article writing skills. Students publish articles every Friday on the class website: www.thearrowhead.org.

“I know that we are one of the highest viewed high school online newspapers, and I know that my friends and family keep up with the new articles each week,” says junior Nala Paulsen.

Pulsen has participated in journalism for two years.

Students who take the class interview people, and write about what’s happening around Arrowhead’s campus.

“I loved taking Journalism with Ms. J…probably one of my favorites I’ve taken at Arrowhead,”  says senior Jenny Fischer.

“It’s bettered my people skills due to the face to face interviewing I did with multiple people each week. I also learned how interviews kind of work,” says junior Maiya Whelan.

“Sports were always a favorite of [my articles], especially football or basketball. Arrowhead kids tend to love those articles, as well,” says Ficsher.

The Arrowhead website is also a place to learn about AHS activities, including dances and fundraisers.

“I liked writing about school dances and all school events,” says junior Kristen Boucher.

“I have no idea how many articles I wrote. I just know I wrote a lot,” says senior Erin Novak.

“I learned a lot about school events that I didn’t know about and I learned more about the students as well,” says Boucher.

The Arrowhead website is updated each Friday with new articles and pictures.

“I think it’s useful for both students and parents to know what’s going on at AHS. I think a decent amount of people read our articles but I think the students need to be more involved in reading them,” says Boucher.

“I think it is a great website to get updates about Arrowhead High School. But I think more people need to be informed about www.thearrowhead.org,” senior Rachel Ross.

“A lot of community members don’t know about it, I presume,” says Fischer.

Some students would even post the links of their articles on Twitter to get members of Arrowhead and the community involved. The Arrowhead’s Twitter handle is:@The_ _Arrowhead_. You can also follow The Arrowhead page on Facebook.

“I would share my articles on Twitter, especially if I had written about a classmate,” says Fischer.