Seniors Receive an Extra Week Off

Arrowhead Union High School rewards their seniors with a unique prize to end their final year of high school—one week less of school. The graduating class of 2014 has their last day of school on June 6, and graduate June 7. This is opposed to the junior, sophomores, and freshmen who end school on June 13.

This extra week is a bonus to the seniors because they get to take their finals earlier than the other three grades. This allows the seniors to get their exams out of the way before their year ends. This helps the seniors have a more memorable and relaxed end to their high school career.

Normally, senioritis is at an all time high by the end of the school year for the graduating class. Having school end early for the seniors, helps decrease the time and level of senioritis within the grade.

Getting an extra week off of school also means an extra week of summer break. Because of this, the seniors are able to spend more time with their friends before they go separate ways in the fall to either a college, the military, or a job. After being together for four years, the seniors will no doubt want to spend as much time as they can together before they have to say goodbye.

Lastly, many of the graduating seniors have friends that are older and in college, who are back for their summer breaks in early May. This gives the seniors extra time to see their friends who they have not seen in weeks or months.