Arrowhead Students Travel for Spring Break

Spring break for Arrowhead students starts on April 18th and goes through April 25th. As of right now, there are 10 weeks until spring break and Arrowhead students are planning their vacations. Many students plan on going out of state with their friends and families.

Austin Konen, a junior at Arrowhead, says, “I’m not so excited for spring break because I’m not going anywhere.”

Senior, Alec Harmeyer says he would enjoy going on a vacation for spring break, but time off of school and relaxing at home will be nice too.

“I’m hoping my parents decide to go back to Florida this year, but because of sports and my work, we might be staying at home this year,” says Harmeyer.

Arrowhead sophomore Maiya Whelan says she is excited for spring break because she is going to a six day lacrosse training camp in Brookfield, Wisconsin.

Whelan and her friend are also going to Mexico for spring break this year along with her family and she says that she is really excited for that trip after training camp.

“I’m not going anywhere fun out of town, but I’ll still have a lot going on here in town to keep me busy like my lacrosse camp with a few other of my friends,” says Whelan.

Carly Minor, a sophomore at Arrowhead High School, says she might be going to Florida this year with her family,  but they have not made a decision. If the Minor family decides to stay home this year, Minor says she will enjoy hanging out with friends and getting a tan.

“Florida was so fun last year,” says Minor. “I really look forward to hopefully going back.”

For past spring breaks students have gone on vacations.

“A couple of years ago, I went on vacation to California and it was really fun, but I’m not going back this year because instead we are going to Mexico,” says Whelan.

Minor says that one year she went to Florida and she swam with dolphins and that it was one of the best experiences of her life.

Konen says that he enjoyed going North Carolina a few years back with his family where his cousins lived. They went to the beach and spend time together and he hopes to go back soon.