Excited for Prom? Only Two Months Away!

Prom is coming up and people are starting to get ideas about who they’re asking, how they’re asking, and plans for the whole evening.  Arrowhead Union High School’s prom is on the 12th of April at the Country Springs Hotel.

Students have much to decide about the night, but most import to Kristen Boucher, a sophomore, is the person she’s going to share the whole night with.

“If I don’t get asked then I won’t go, but I’m really excited about the thought of it,” Boucher says.

Prom is only for the junior and senior class, but if someone from that class asks a sophomore or freshman, they are allow to attend the dance.

According to Boucher, the boy she wants to go with should be a gentlemen and plan a great, fun night.  Of course she says the girl should pitch in a little too, if she’s really a proper lady.

Like homecoming, the boy typically asks the girl in a creative way.  From candies and cards, to big signs and bouquets, there are many possible ways to ask a girl to prom.

“The corsage and boutonniere are also part of the bill for the perfect prom night,” says Boucher.

The boy buys the corsage for his lady and the girl buys the boutonniere for the boy.  They are necessities for the complete prom attire.  A good place to buy boutonnieres and corsages are at The Flower Garden, it is located on 202 N Ave. Hartland, WI.  Many students from arrowhead shop at this store for prom.

Ladies wear long, elegant dresses to prom, unlike homecoming when they would wear a more casual, shorter dress.  These dresses are typically more expensive than what you would pay for a homecoming dress as well.  Good places for buying a prom dress close to Arrowhead High School are typically at mayfair and brookfield mall.  Windsor, Boston Store, Tiger Lily, Macys, Charlotte Russe, Express, and Nordstrom are some of the stores at these malls that sell prom dresses.

Renting a limo for prom is a way most students prefer to drive to the dance with a group of friends.

This years theme is based off of a book and movie called The Great Gatsby.  The Student Senate, along with the general population of arrowhead voted on the schools website to decide on the theme of this years prom theme.  The Student Senate does most of the event planning for the night.  What decorations used for the night have yet to be decided.

“Even though I have never gone, it is an experience that only happens in high school which something you’ll never get back, so everyone should go at least once in their high school career,” Boucher says.