Popular Spring Break Destinations Excites Students

According to Climate Zone.com, this winter, Wisconsin’s average temperature was sixteen degrees Fahrenheit during the month of January.  This year was also Wisconsin’s fifteenth coldest winter in history.

With these statistics, there is no doubt Wisconsinites will be ready to escape the cold for their spring break destinations.  This year Arrowhead High School’s spring break is from April 18 to April 25.  Some of the most popular travel locations for this year are South Padre Island, Texas and Cancun, Mexico.

South Padre Island on the southernmost tip of Texas is one of the most popular spring break destinations for people around the age of twenty to twenty five, but not for families.

Spring Break Guide.com says, “The four miles of award winning sand beaches come alive during Spring Break, hosting some of the most active and wildest events.”

This creates an alluring atmosphere that brings college students from all over the country.  South Padre Island provides activities ranging from jet skiing to bungee jumping.  Two of the most popular events are the daily Coca Cola Dance Contest and some of the hottest musical acts—entertaining the vacationers free of charge.

South Padre Island hosts crowds ranging from 12,000 to 18,000 spring breakers per year.  According to Spring Break Guide.com, another thing that attracts parties to this destination is its features on MTV, E!, and the Travel Channel.

A more family friendly destination for spring break this year is Cancun, Mexico.  Cancun has an average temperature of 86 degrees Fahrenheit and is located on the South Eastern tip of Mexico.

With over 172 hotels and resorts through the 14 miles of beaches, there is a variety of places and packages available for everyone.

According to Cancun.Travel, there will never be a shortage of activities to do.  Cancun offers a range of doings from golf to learning about Mayan culture to scuba diving.

To find out more information on these travel destinations visit Travel Channel.com.