Girls Basketball Trying to Fill the Gym

The girls Arrowhead Varsity basketball team is organizing a Fill the Gym Night on February 4th at 7:30 pm. The game and event will take place in the South Campus gym at Arrowhead and it is also Senior Night. The event will take place at South Campus so it is easier to fill the gym.

Along with this night being a Fill the Gym Night it is also senior night. Senior night is a night to recognize the seniors on the basketball team and thank them for their leadership and hard work over the years.  There will be collages of the seniors and their achievements and the juniors will give a short speech about each of them.

The game is between Arrowhead and Milwaukee King.

The attendance goal of the event is to have the gym completely full so that there is standing room only. It is three dollars for students and adults, but students can get in free with their ID.

Kelly Smith, a senior captain on the varsity team, said, “Get your seats early.”

In order to give back to the community, there will also be the opportunity for the fans to donate non-perishable food items. The food items will be given to the Hartland Food Pantry. Everyone who brings a food it will get a free raffle ticket. The raffle tickets will go towards prizes that will be present at the event.

Smith also said, “Hundreds of dollars of prizes will be given away.”

All Arrowhead students will receive a free bonus raffle ticket with admission.

The prizes are unknown at this time, but there will be plenty.

Smith said, “This is a very important night for the Arrowhead girl’s basketball program and the seniors. It is a good way to support the team, recognize the seniors and at the same time give back to the community.”