• May 30WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024!
  • May 30LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!!

Broadway Company Goes to Florida

Arrowhead High School’s Broadway Company went to Orlando, Florida, over Memorial Day weekend. The members left on Thursday the 23rd of May and returned Sunday the 26th. 

They went to both Disney and Universal Studios as part of their trip. Broadway booked their trip through a travel agent, but the Arrowhead School Board had to give their approval first. Students were not required to go on the trip, but most did.

Senior Maggie Walloch says, “This was the best possible way to wrap up the year. It was so fun to perform, and spend time with everyone.”

The first day of the trip the group went to Epcot and was there through the evening till the firework show. Before the show, they went on the rides.

On Thursday, Broadway Company members spent time exploring Magic Kingdom before going to perform at 10 a.m. at Disney Springs. They performed a melody. After their show, they went back to Magic Kingdom and stayed until the fireworks show at night. 

Friday, they went to Hollywood Studios and were able to park-hop between different parks.

Disney’s website says, people who have an Annual Pass or a ticket that lets them ‘hop’ between parks can go to any other theme park during park hours, at any time of the day.

Sophomore Evelyn Perkins says, “Most people ended up park hopping to Animal Kingdom, back to Epcot, or just stayed at Hollywood Studios.” 

On Saturday, they went to Universal Studios and rode rides. They have the Harry potter rides, Jurassic Park rides, Despicable Me rides, and many other themed attractions. Every night they had to meet back after the firework show at the specific park they were at.

Lexi Brunner, an Arrowhead High School junior, says, “Disney was definitely an exhausting trip but it was so fun. We went to Epcot right when we got there, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Universal. We also got to park hop so my group also went to the Animal Kingdom for half a day. My favorite ride was definitely Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind which was the first ride we did as soon as we got to Epcot. Everyone was speechless because it was so good.”

There are no plans for the Broadway Company to go back to Disney next year. Instead, they are looking for another trip to take. As of now, nothing has been decided.