• May 30WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024!
  • May 30LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!!

Results of the 2024 Myrhum Track and Field Meet

On Saturday May 4, 2024, Arrowhead’s Myrhum Track and Field Invite took place at Arrowhead High School. The Arrowhead boys track team took first place overall. 

The Myrhum is named after Dick Myrhum, who started the Arrowhead track program in 1962. He coached the boys and girls team for 17 years. In his honor, the Arrowhead community renamed the track and field invitational to the Richard C. Myrhum Invitational. This is the 35th year of the Myrhum invite.

This year, there were over 40 teams that participated in the meet. In order to participate in the meet, athletes had to meet the Myrhum Invite Standards 2004. 

Athletes must have hit the standard in 2023 or 2024 to compete at the Myrhum. For the 100M dash, girls had to have a time of 13.50 or faster and boys had to have a 11.70 or faster. The 1600 minimum for girls was 5:35 and boys was 4:40. A full list of minimum requirements can be found here.

Athletes who were entered but had no evidence of that mark or time were removed before the meet was seeded.

If an athlete who had not competed in an event yet, was coming off an injury, was using a mark that was not registered in MileSplit, or needed to use a mark from last season, needed to contact meet management.

There were also opening heights and measurement standards in the meet which can be found here.

Arrowhead Senior Libby Ray said, “I ran the two mile and it wasn’t until 10pm.”

The meet had a two hour rain delay, hence its late ending. 

Arrowhead Senior Sam Vargos took first place in the boys 100 meter dash with a time of 10.92. He also took first place in the 200 meter dash with a time of 21.87.

In the boys 4×200, Sophomore Ryan Heiman, Senior Jackson Schulz, Senior Samuel Vargas, and Sophomore Harper Hughes took first place with a time of 1:26.91.

In the boys 300m, senior Logan Hicks took first place with a time of 38.45.

In the 4×100 Sophomore Presley Bencz, Sophomore Ryan Heiman, Senior Jackson Schulz, SophmoreHarper Hughes took first place with a time of 42.43.

In the girls 400m Senior Taylor Thimmesch took first place with a time of 56.98 and sophomore Avery Bolt took second place with a time of 58.19.

In the girls 4×100, Sophomore Giselle Huggett, Sophomore Natalie Kussow, Junior Elise Schroeder, Sophomore Payton Eicher took first place with a time of 49.78.

For the mixed 4×400 Senior Hicks, Sophomore Avery Bott, Senior Remington Landmann, and Senior Taylor Thimmesch took first.

Senior Anne Straka said, “I ran the 4×400 and it was really fun. I liked it!”