The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

• May 30WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024!
  • May 30LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!!

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

What Students Thought About Prom 2024

Arrowhead High School’s prom was held on Saturday, April 27th, 2024, at the Brookfield Conference Center, at 325 S Moorland Road in Brookfield. 

This year’s theme, voted by students, was Mama Mia and then named A Night in the Greek Isles. The movie Mama Mia was filmed on the greek island of Skopelos.

“I wish it was more Mama Mia themed or focused even though it was themed Greek. They should have had more Mama Mia songs,” says junior Nicole Rivard. 

Some famous songs from the film include Dancing Queen, Honey Honey, and Super Trouper. 

Doors opened at 6:15pm while food was served at 7pm. The dance went on until 11pm. Once students left the building, they were not able to return. 

“It was really boring, but fun to be with my friends. We stayed until 10,” says Rivard. 

There were two options served for dinner: chicken with vegetables or lasagna. A red or a green circle was stuck to each student’s seat name tag to coordinate with their dinner choice. Tiramisu was served as dessert to everyone. 

“I thought it was okay. The food could have used some more flavor. The dessert was really good though,” says junior Andrea Crivello.

With the theme A Night in the Greek Isles, greek blue and coastal flowers were dominant at the venue. 

“I loved the venue. I thought it was beautiful and really cute. Prom overall was way more fun, there were a lot more decorations, the food was better and the music was better compared to last year,” says senior Arianna Daughtery. 

Those who stayed the entire duration of the dance ended up going on a lockdown due to a tornado warning with the harsh weather conditions of that evening. 

“It was my first time in a tornado alert since we don’t have tornados in Italy so it was interesting. I don’t like being in a crowded space and when they locked us in the bathroom is wasn’t fun but when they moved us to the kitchen it wasn’t that bad since we had more space. I wasn’t scared,” says senior Sofia Iacona, a foreign exchange student.