The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

• May 30WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024!
  • May 30LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!!

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Senior Spotlight – Ryann Steinbauer

Ryann Steinbauer is a senior at Arrowhead High School on track to graduate and walk on June 1st. She says that it’s been hard managing after school activities and homework. In her free time, she says she likes to watch movies and TV shows. She also says she enjoys going shopping, hanging out with friends and animals, and reading when she has the chance. 

Steinbauer wants to pursue a degree in fashion. To do this, she is attending Savannah College of Art and Design which is located in Georgia. After living in Wisconsin her whole life, Steinbauer says she is excited to see new scenery and enjoy a different environment. She is also looking forward to meeting new people from all over the world. 

“I’ve always taken interest in styling clothes. I like making outfits for concerts and sewing things for concerts or other big events and I thought it was a good way to mix passion with my career,” Steinbauer said. 

Throughout Steinbauer’s high school career, she has taken two or three AP classes her junior year, and while her workload senior year is lighter, she had the heaviest workload because of her AP classes. 

Steinbauer has always gotten A’s and B’s and is punctual with her work. She prides herself in getting her work done on time and doing her best on it.

Steinbauer said, “Educationally, when I took classes I was more passionate about, I would do better in them because things that I was actually interested in I actually tried for. However, I feel like the tiredness that I’ve had in school has made it difficult for me to focus in class so then I have to spend a lot of time at home reteaching it to myself.”

SCAD studies have shown that the school has a very high rate for getting students good jobs after graduation, which made this school her first choice. She said that people have a hard time getting a good job right out of college with an art degree so if she went anywhere else, she wouldn’t have that amazing opportunity.

“If I could do anything in the world, I would want to do something where I have creative freedom,” Steinbauer said.

Steinbauer also said that she wouldn’t ever want to be in a desk job. She would want to be able to implement her creative thoughts and ideas into what she is doing. After college, she hopes to get a job and be financially stable.

When asked to give advice to younger students, Steinbauer said, “Don’t get too caught up in drama and social life. Focus on yourself, your own growth, and having positive people you surround yourself with.”