Arrowhead Drama puts on Sense and Sensibility

Arrowhead Drama is putting on its winter play, an adaptation of Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility very soon. The show dates are February 15th through the 17th, 2024. On the 15th and 16th, the shows are at seven PM, and on the 17th the shows are at one and seven PM. 

Sense and Sensibility is set in the early 1800s in England and follows two sisters, Elinor and Marianne, through their direction of romantic lives. When their father, Henry Dashwood passes away, his estate legally goes to his son John, and his selfish wife Emily. 

Director of the play, Maralynn Markano says, “It is always exciting.  I work hard to pick shows that will give drama students various styles.  This classical show is nothing like what they have experienced in their four years so far, so it is a joy to watch them embrace these characters from 1810 England.  They work so hard daily, and the results show in the end.”

Arrowhead students you would recognize in the play are sophomore Hailey Mehring, senior Ben St. Martin, senior Micheal Ortin, senior Gabby Woida, senior Jr. Araque, and many more. 

Mehring says, “I’m excited to do this show, I worked hard on memorizing my lines, and this show is so fun and exciting, so I can’t wait to perform it.”

Tickets for the play are on sale now. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased from the linked link or will also be sold at the door. 

If audience members would prefer to pay cash or check they can fill out this form; all guests have to do is print out this form and give it to a student who would be able to give it to director Markano. 

Markano says, “We are trying something new this year.  The show spans many different locations and spans over a year in time, so we are combining regular three-dimensional set pieces with static and moving projections to tell the story.  I’ve never worked with a projection designer and staged my actors in front of a backdrop in this manner.  So, I’m excited to see it all come together.  It is a learning curve, but I enjoy the challenge.”