The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

January 30th is National Plan for Vacation Day

Tuesday, January 30th is National Plan for Vacation Day. This day honors workers who should plan their vacation days for the rest of the year. 

Coming up, Arrowhead students and staff have February 19th off due to Presidents Day, and then March 23rd through March 31st is a week-long spring break. 

Social Studies teacher, Nathan Flesch says, “I like to plan my days off all the time, but this time will be different since I will be leaving in May because we will be welcoming baby Flesch number two to our family, so I will be using all my vacation time then.” 

The project and now National Day have come from that every year fewer and fewer Americans are taking days off for themselves. So to understand that Americans are doing this, the National Day is hoping to make sure Americans can understand how important vacation is to have a break from work and to plan for the future. 

Social Studies teacher Dan Miller says, “Well, I’m going to be using all of my vacation time currently because my wife and I just welcomed another baby into our family, so I will be missing quite a bit of school as we adjust to our new family.” 

Experts recommend employees take off as many days as the boss or workplace provides them with because it’s truly a nice form of relaxation. Employees can either take multiple days off for a nice long relaxing out-of-state vacation or some employees might prefer to take off and have a staycation so that way they can still relax, without having to go somewhere. 

Flesch also says, “It’s important to understand how many days as teachers get off a year, we don’t get a lot usually because we always have to be here, but things like sick days or long-term absences with growing families are usually accepted throughout the Arrowhead school and process of time off.”