AHS Rho Kappa Hosts Veterans Day Breakfast

Arrowhead students in Rho Kappa are hosting their annual Veterans Day breakfast on Friday, November 10th, 2023.

Rho Kappa is a social studies honor society for high school juniors and seniors.

To join Rho Kappa it is required to have a 3.0 overall grade point average and a 3.5 grade point average in social studies classes as well.

Students also must be part of a social studies club and have six social studies credits to be eligible to join Rho Kappa.

Rho Kappa organizes a breakfast for Veterans to attend on Veterans Day at Arrowhead’s South campus cafeteria.

Senior Jay Haase says, “It’s been fun planning the Veterans Day breakfast at our meetings.”

Rho Kappa raises money for the event as well as sets the breakfast up and helps work the breakfast. According to Rho Kappa’s fundraising team, they have raised $525 towards the breakfast.

During the breakfast, there has been a guest speaker for veterans as well as a game for Veterans to participate in.

Rho Kappa members have put posters up in the community to help raise awareness for the breakfast as well as to try to get Veterans to sign up for the breakfast. Rho Kappas’s publicity team has sent out letters and emails have been sent out as well to reach out to veterans about the breakfast.

On the Arrowhead School website, there is a Google form for Veterans to fill out if they’re interested in attending the breakfast.

As of October 31st, there were currently 36 veterans signed up for the breakfast and 96 people attending, including veterans families, and friends.

Veterans who attend the breakfast also have a chance to win gift cards from a raffle. Last year veterans had the chance to win a gift card from Pink Mocha Birch and Banyan.

Senior Nick Cinelli says, “We are excited that we’re able to do this for the Veterans.”