The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Student Senate hosts Food Drive

Arrowhead Student Senate is coordinating a food drive from November 13th through November 17th. 

The Student Senate is made up of students from every grade. The students help organize events like prom, food drives, blood drives, homecoming, and the pep rally. 

According to the Arrowhead website the Student Senate, “serves as the student government. It provides students with many opportunities to exercise leadership skills, express ideas, get involved with the community, and have fun with friends.” 

Donations will be donated to the Hartland Food Pantry and the North Lake Food Pantry which serve over 3,000 people, according to a presentation shared with teachers.

“I think food drives are very important because I feel too many people focus on what others have and don’t realize what many don’t have,” says Student Senate advisor Becky Gordon.  

The food drive will have collection themes for each day. According to a poster made by the Students Senate the themes are Rise N’ Shine Monday, Toiletries Tuesday, Winter Wednesday, Farm-to-Table Thursday, and Snacks Friday. 

Students can donate food in their third hour class or in bins at the front offices of each campus. 

According to the poster, “The top two classes at each campus will win donuts.” 

This food drive is the first of Student Senate’s “Season of Giving” events, according to the Arrowhead Advisor. Later in the school year the Student Senate will host a Blood Drive and a Giving Tree.

Earlier in the 2023 school year Arrowhead won the competitive “Feeding America Football Food Drive” against Oconomowoc High School and provided 12,201 meals to families. 

“Everytime we have a food drive the food pantries are thrilled to receive our items. The more we can give others the better as nobody should be left hungry,” says Gordon.