The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Student’s Make Plans For Halloween

Halloween 2023 falls on Tuesday, October 31st. Many people celebrate this holiday by dressing up in costumes.

According to an email sent to Arrowhead staff by teacher Kathi Koepke, “Last year was definitely the best year yet for costumes! So, we have very high expectations for this year!”

Teachers are told by Koepke to encourage students to wear their costumes to school on October 31st, 2023. Teachers are also invited to participate in a staff costume contest. Even with this encouragement, some students will not participate.

“I am not dressing up or doing anything special for Halloween this year,” says junior Mya Schneider. 

Other students are excited to embrace the Halloween dress-up tradition. 

“I probably will dress up,” says senior Molly Gibbons. 

According to nypost.com, the most popular 2023 Halloween costumes are predicted to be Barbie and Ken from the Barbie movie, Ariel from The Little Mermaid, Wednesday Addams from the Netflix series Wednesday, and Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce.

Some clubs are promoting celebrating Halloween or dressing up at school. According to a Google presentation shared during study hall, JSA (Junior State of America) is encouraging students to dress up in costumes and attend their meeting on Wednesday, October 18th in the North Campus junior study hall room. 

According to the same presentation, the AHS book club is inviting anyone to join the “spooky discussion” of the Halloween themed book The Institute by Stephen King on Tuesday, October 17th at 2:45 pm in room N196.