Arrowhead Versus Waukesha North

On Friday, October 4th, 2013, the Arrowhead Warhawks played a football game against Waukesha North High School. Arrowhead’s record was (5-1) and Waukesha North’s record was (0-6). This game was played at Waukesha North High school in Waukesha, Wisconsin because it was North’s homecoming game. Arrowhead beat North, 36-14, improving their record from (5-1) to (6-1).

Arrowhead has beaten North almost every time they’ve played them.

AHS teacher John Hoch said, “It was a fun game to watch because of all of the touchdowns. It was not nearly as fun to watch the second half because it got boring.”

This was Arrowhead’s second to last away game; the attendance to this game was not that great according to Hoch. He said, “I did not think a lot of people were at the game. There were not a lot of North fans and the AHS crowd was smaller than usual.”

This was Arrowheads third away game.

Arrowhead put up the second most points they have put up in a game last week against North, they put up 36.

Sophomore Johnny Duranso started off the game with 63-yard touchdown run and the Junior Cody Sellhausen had a 71-yard touchdown run to make it 14-0 Arrowhead. Then Arrowhead forced a safety and got 2 more points. Next, Senior Jake Miller caught a pass for a touchdown that went for 59-yards, and then junior Blake Mielke passed the ball 8 yards to senior Jack Nate for yet another touchdown. Arrowhead wasn’t done scoring. They went down the field and sophomore Johnny Duranso threw another touchdown pass and this time it was a 10-yard pass to senior Ricky Finco. At that point the score was 36-0.

With this win they are cushioning their playoff spot, hoping to repeat and win the championship once again.