Brewers Keep Rolling, Arrowhead Students Show Support

The Milwaukee Brewers won the NLDS (national league division series) by sweeping the Colorado Rockies in three straight games.

The Brewers now advance to the NLCS (national league championship series) for the first time since 2011. The Brewers will face Los Angeles Dodgers, in the NLCS. The first game of that series will be on Friday, October 12th, at Miller Park (starting time is 7:09 pm).

The Brewers have won eleven straight games dating back to Saturday, September 22nd—their latest, a 13-6 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates. Since then, the Brewers won three games over the Saint Louis Cardinals. Then three games over the Detroit Tigers, and one game over the Chicago Cubs. That game was not scheduled but then needed to determine who would win the National League Central Division. Then three straight games in the postseason over the Colorado Rockies.

The Brewers outfielder, 26-year-old, Christian Yelich, is the front-runner for the National League MVP. Over this eleven game win streak, Yelich has had a batting average of .406 (13 for 32), 6 home runs, 19 RBI’s (runs batted in), and 17 walks.

Yelich gives most of the credit to his teammates. “Maybe I should be talking about myself here, but I don’t know…that’s just not me. The real story of this season, if you ask me, is what we’ve done together, as a unit. Without my teammates, I’d be nothing,” says Yelich in Player Tribune. The Player Tribune is a place for professional athletes to write about their stories of what is going on in their life or in their sport.

Students around Arrowhead High School have been excited about Brewer’s success, according to senior student Steven Theo.

“It has just been pure excitement for the last three weeks and I just think it’s crazy,” says Theo.

Max Quadracci, another Arrowhead senior student, says, “I am extremely happy for the Brewers. I think it is a very special team that play for each other and not for themselves. I personally feel like the Brewers are the most deserving team of the World Series and I hope to God they win it.”

Dominic Siriani, an Arrowhead senior, says he has been following the Brewers all season long. “This team is fantastic. I feel the pitching has been great. Christain Yelich has been great. Craig Counsell and David Stern have been great. At the end of the day, this team just never gives up and always gives it their all and I as a fan noticed that from the beginning,” says Siriani.

“Whether the Brewers make it to the World Series or not this team has been so much fun and exciting and I am so thankful for this team. I personally think that they have a great chance at winning but regardless if they do or not I am one proud fan this season,” says Theo.

The World Series will start Tuesday, October 23. The four teams that are still in contention are the Boston Red Socks, the Houston Astros, the Las Angeles Dodgers, and the Milwaukee Brewers. The Boston Red Socks will be facing the Houston Astros to determine which team from the American League will be in the World Series. The winner of that will play the Las Angeles Dodgers or the Milwaukee Brewers.