Arrowhead High School Introduces a New Assembly

Courtney Shipshock, a junior at Arrowhead, attended the High School National Tour at the football field for the second homecoming assembly.  Trevor Jackson, a musician, took a picture with Shipshock after his concert.

Courtney Shipshock, a junior at Arrowhead, attended the High School National Tour at the football field for the second homecoming assembly. Trevor Jackson, a musician, took a picture with Shipshock after his concert.

On September 27, 2013, Arrowhead High School ended their Homecoming Spirit week with not one assembly—but two.  The second assembly was held outside on the football field from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.  It was hosted by High School National Tour.

The assembly consisted of concerts, booths, and prizes.  The concert was performed by three different artists—Justine Skye, Blush, and Trevor Jackson.

Jackson, 17 –years- old, is an aspiring musician and an actor.  He is most known for his role as Kevin Blake on Eureka, a Syfy television series, and the hit movie Let it Shine on Disney Channel.

Currently, Jackson is on tour promoting his music with High School Nation.  His hit songs are “Drop It” and “Like We Grown.”  At the Arrowhead High School concert, Jackson allowed the students to participate by joining him on the stage and meeting him afterwards.

Courtney Shipshock, a junior at Arrowhead High School, says, “I think he put on a good show and it was entertaining.  It would be really cool if he made it big and we could say our high school had him perform.”

At the High School Nation assembly, there were tents set up in front of the stage that consisted of testable musical instruments, DJ machines, glitter tattoos, and free posters of the artists.

High School Nation gave away over $4,000 in prizes.  For clothing articles, they threw TOMS sunglasses and hats from the stage into the crowd.  As for the electronics, they not only gave away a Xbox and a DJ system, they also awarded Lane Kohl, a Arrowhead sophomore, a free $500 guitar.  These prizes were distributed via raffle. Students went to a booth, and put their names on entry forms. Later, names were drawn by High School Nation’s emcee.

Missy Schultz, a senior at Arrowhead High School, says, “I had a lot of fun overall and it was awesome how Trevor took the time to meet everyone and take pictures.”