Students Show School Spirit During Homecoming Week

Students+Show+School+Spirit+During+Homecoming+Week+

Homecoming week starts Monday, September 23rd.

“It’s always really nice to see everyone participating in school spirit,” says senior, Colin Koerber.

“My goal as student senate president is to increase student participation, and by showing school spirit, is one way of accomplishing this goal. The student senate came up with all kinds of spirit days to ensure everyone was able to participate in some way,” says Student Senate President, Megan Lipke.

The week starts out on Sunday night with a bonfire. This night draws kids of all ages to come to the turf at 7:00pm on Sunday. However this year’s bonfire is much different than past years.

Megan Lipke said, “This Sunday, for the bonfire, there will be many differences. In past years, it was just a large bonfire and not many things to do. However, this year we are upping our game and there will venders and a student versus teacher football game on the turf. After the game local small bands will play throughout the rest of the night.”

At Arrowhead, every year for homecoming week, there are different dress up days. These days allow students to show school spirit.

This year, the dress up days are Monday: Pajama/Crazy Hair day, Tuesday: Grease/Dress up Nejedlo day, Wednesday: Disco/Star wars day, Thursday: Favorite band t-shirt/Twin day, and Friday: Red out.

Sophomore Sarah Hahn said, “Pajama day was my favorite spirit day last year, because who doesn’t enjoy getting to wear pajamas to school? I made sure to rep my footie pajamas.”

The homecoming pep rally is an event on Friday the 27th at 9am and 11:38am for South and North campuses respectively. Starting at 12:30pm is an assembly for both campuses out at the football stadium.

The pep rally consists of performances from The Hawkettes, the cheerleaders, and the band. There will also be a dance off among a few clubs and committees along with a student versus staff basketball game.

“A lot of hard work goes into planning homecoming week and especially the pep rally. It’s very important for students to know how much work the student senate puts into these events. We also want to make sure they enjoy them, and not just take advantage of the activities,” says Lipke.

“I look forward to the homecoming pep rally because it’s fun to watch the Hawkettes perform along with all of the other teams and clubs,” says Koerber.

The homecoming game starts at 7 pm at Arrowhead against Waukesha West.

“I expect to see everyone gatoring and tons of people there to support the team.” says Hahn.