Arrowhead Talks: Spring Break Plans

The official first day of spring was Sunday, March the 20th; and Arrowhead students are counting down the hours until it is officially spring break, which officially begins Thursday the 24th and will go until Monday April 4th.

For most students and staff, spring break will be  few days free of school and work. However, others got the chance to go on vacation.

While Arrowhead senior Angi Ma is staying in state, she is going to the Wisconsin Dells for a few days. This ‘Waterpark Capital of the World’ is a popular spot for Wisconsinites in need of a quick vacation.  

Senior Nicole Hospel is planning on staying home for this spring break, with the exception of Easter morning plans.

“I will be going to my aunt’s house on Easter.  All of my cousins and relatives come, we eat dinner and sometimes go on Easter Eggs hunts,” says Hospel.

And while Hospel says she wishes she was “going somewhere warm” for the break she admits that she’s, “looking forward to seeing my family and cousins that I don’t normally see.”

Two Arrowhead students who are leaving the state are sophomore Caitlyn Kleczka and senior Emilie Graff, and the two are excited to go to Florida together on vacation. Kleczka and Graff have known each other for many years and participated in one another’s gymnastics teams.

The long time friends are planning on staying in Kleczka’s condo in Florida for nine days. While there, the two will be excited to enjoy the weather.

“I’ll be swimming, tanning, and having fun,” says Graff.

Brooke Gohde, a freshman, is also going to Florida for her spring break. Florida is the most popular vacation spot for Wisconsinites who don’t want to go through the hassle of leaving the country, according to Gohde.

While in Destin, Florida, with her family, Gohde says that, “I’m mostly going to be tanning, because it’s too cold to do that [in Wisconsin right now]. But I also will be enjoying the ocean and just the different atmosphere.”

Brittany Hahn, another Arrowhead gymnast, is traveling to North and South Carolina for just under a week. Similar to many students, Hahn says she’s eager to go tanning on vacation but also plans to, “Visit my friend at college, and visit the beach.”  

Sophomore Sophia Gritzmacher is spending two days in Chicago for her break.

“I’m mostly going to go shopping,” says Gritzmacher. “But while I’m there, I might want to see The Chicago Bean or see the Sears Skydeck.”

There are even some Arrowhead seniors who are planning on traveling to Mexico for an alleged, senior trip. This trip is a plan for some Arrowhead graduating seniors to have one last trip together. However with the cost of the trip rumored to $1200 per individual, and with no adults permitted on the trip, many seniors have opted out of this vacation.

Regardless of where students go or what they plan on doing this past break, Gritzmacher thinks spring breaks are important to students to give them a chance to breathe after so much work all year long.

“If we didn’t have a spring break and we had to just work until summer, I’d lose my mind,” says Gritzmacher.

Hahn agreed by saying, “spring breaks are basically a reward for students and faculty working so hard. It’s going to suck to come back after the break.”

Everyone is keenly aware that post spring break, there will be only ten weeks left in the school year, only ten weeks left of high school for all graduating seniors.