Arrowhead High School Activities Director Announces Resignation as of June, 2016

Activities office located at North Campus

Arrowhead High School’s activities director, Kevin Flegner, has announced his decision to resign from his position at the high school effective June 30, 2016.

The activities director is, among other things, responsible for overseeing all coaches and advisors of extracurricular activities.

An email was sent out to the Arrowhead staff on Monday, February 15, 2016, announcing Flegner’s resignation.

According to the email sent by the Arrowhead superintendent Laura Myrah, “Kevin’s departure from Arrowhead will be a big change and loss. During his eight years as the Activities Director, academic and arts-related clubs and activities, as well as athletic programs, have experienced growth and significant success.”

Myrah says, “Arrowhead’s Athletics/Activities Director position will be advertised in a timely manner, with an anticipated identification of a replacement sometime this spring.”

The replacement of a prominent position is a prolonged process meant to insure that a given replacement is qualified and capable of fulfilling any given responsibilities.

Associate principal Becky Gordon says, “The Activities Director is an important role at any high school especially Arrowhead given our outstanding athletics, activities, clubs and programs.”

Gordon says, “I think Mr. Flegner’s decision to leave was surprise for many but because he is so respected and admired at Arrowhead all who know him understand he’s making the change based on what is best for him and his family.  Mr. Flegner will finish out the school year with us and therefore can assist in the transition of a new Activities Director so the change is a positive one.”

Flegner, the current activities director says, “This was a family decision along with some needed change in my life.  I have been commuting from Fort Atkinson the past eight years.  It is 50 min each way, so the time on the road and time away from my family finally has taken a toll on me.”

Flegner has decided to take the activities director position in the Oconomowoc school district.

Flegner says, “I have been watching Oconomowoc’s growth over the past three to five  years.  They have been building top notch facilities. I have been constantly hearing a positive buzz over there in the new things they are doing, and their is much community excitement about the bright future they are creating.  This was very appealing going through the process.”

“It has been a heck of a ride the past eight years.  I take with me a lot of great memories and friendships.  My coaching staff here deserves all the credit.  They have been outstanding to work with and they truly impact students in so many positive ways.  I will miss them and their dedication to educational based athletics. My office staff of Liz [Arsnow], Ann [Olson], and Jill [With] will also be greatly missed.  They do such a great job and are a huge reason why things run so smooth[ly] in our office and around the school.”