Arrowhead Goes to State in Rematch Against Kimberly

For the past three years, Arrowhead High School Football has made it to the WIAA Division 1 High School Football Championship.

With a close win against Franklin High School, the Warhawks advanced to their fourth straight trip to Madison to face off in a championship matchup. The championship game is on Friday, November 20th, at the historic Camp Randall Stadium. Kick off will be at 4:00 pm.

This will be a rematch of last year’s championship game where Arrowhead faced off against Kimberly. Arrowhead lost to Kimberly in the 2014 championship at Camp Randall.

To get into the championship game, the Arrowhead Warhawks came victorious in a close ending against Franklin, 20 – 17.

As for their upcoming opponent, the Kimberly Papermakers rolled over the Marquette Hilltoppers 49 – 20. Kimberly High School’s running back, Blair Mullholland, obtained 411 yards rushing during that game.

Arrowhead kicker, John Mack, says he is looking for his team to be ready for the run and play to their best ability.

“Obviously we know it is going to be a tough game. We are preparing this week for them,” said Mack, “We know they got a good running back on offense, so our defense is keying in on him and we’ll be ready for the game, that is for sure.”

Arrowhead’s head coach, Greg Malling, says he just wants his players to have fun out there.

“I think the biggest thing is that they see it is just a single game versus a rematch,” said Malling. “We do much better when we just see it one game at a time. Hopefully they just have fun out there. Ultimately it is still a game and they tend to do much better when they are having fun.”

This will be Arrowhead’s 13th appearance in the state championship game and if they win, it will be their seventh state title.

If you are going to this game, brace yourself for them cold. Temperatures will dip down to as low as 29° F.

In the end, let’s go Warhawks!