Arrowhead’s Broadway Company Presents Hello, Dolly!

Arrowhead High School’s Broadway Company is set to perform the musical Hello, Dolly! on Friday, October, 16 starting at 7 PM; Saturday, October, 17 starting at 7 PM; Sunday, October, 18 starting at 1 PM; Thursday, October 22 starting at 7 PM; Friday, October, 23 starting at 7 PM; and Saturday, October, 24 starting at 7 PM.

All performances will be held in the Arrowhead North Campus theater.

Tickets can be purchased online for sixteen dollars here.

In the musical Hello, Dolly!, a widowed socialite and matchmaker named Dolly Levi takes on clients trying to find them their significant other. One of Dolly’s clients is a rich, well known man named Horace Vandergelder. Another client is an artist named Ambrose who is shown to be in love with Horace’s niece who’s name is Ermengarde.

Dolly finds herself having a difficult time finding a match for Horace, and finds that maybe she is the right match for Horace. Dolly plots and plans outings of romance throughout the musical. The Arrowhead Broadway Company has been rehearsing for months to portray this story line through performance.

Dolly will be played by junior Richa Karmarkar, Ambrose will be played by senior Braden Pusch, Horace will be played by junior Andrew Heinrich, and Ermengarde will be played by senior Kelsey Baena.

The musical includes a setlist of songs including “Just Leave Everything To Me,” “It Takes a Woman,” “Put On Your Sunday Clothes,” “Ribbons Down My Back,” “Dancing,” “Before the Parade Passes By,” “Elegance,” “Love Is Only Love,” “Hello, Dolly!,” “It Only Takes a Moment,” “So Long Dearie,” and “Finale.”

The Arrowhead Broadway Company doubles as a class as well as an extracurricular activity.

The students in Broadway Company work to perform a musical in the fall, and by Christmas, they focus on choral music (performing madrigals among other things).

Information on the general itinerary of the Broadway Company’s season can be found on the Arrowhead website. The beginning of the winter consists of the students performing scenes from musicals. By the end of the school year, the group of students practices and performs jazz numbers.

Sophomore Broadway student Mckenna Plath says the Broadway Company rehearses “four to six hours a week.”

Plath says some days students leave at the bell, and other days they work over time. She also says practices for the show become more frequent closer to the debut of a show.

Plath also says Broadway Company is “The best decision I ever made…you’re surrounded by so many people that love the same thing as you, and are willing to work hard yet still have so much fun. Everyone is so nice and they treat you like a family.”