Does Bvillain Embody the Arrowhead Way?

This year, Hoopcoming was introduced to the school as a way to do the following: increase school spirit at sporting events and raise money for the Arrowhead Booster Club. It is a first year event that, according to the AHS Booster Club, will hopefully bring more attendance to sporting events in the winter months in the future while giving students something to look forward to.

The Booster Club is introducing Hollywood DJ, Brandon Holley, or to his fans, “Bvillain.”

Found on Bvillain’s website are videos showcasing his music and brand..

His videos give an indication of the, “…Hollywood lifestyle that he is bringing to all,” says Mrs. Zanatti, organizer for Hoopcoming.

The videos, on YouTube and Bvillain.com, contain alcohol, drugs, smoking, bongs, and flipping the middle finger to the camera.

‘Party for a Living.’ ‘Weed & Champagne,’ ‘Just Blaze It’ and ‘Drugs, Alcohol, Premarital Sex’ are phrases  displayed on DJ Bvillains merchandise.

The Arrowhead Way is Be Appropriate. B Respectful. Be Responsible.

Mrs. Zanatti says she is aware of the content on Bvillain’s videos, but has been assured Bvillain will adjust the concert the students.

The administration and Booster Club are, “looking for something different…outside the box…a much cooler interaction with the students,” said Kevin Flegner, Activities Director at AHS.

Zanatti and Flegner agree that Bvillain has two different lifestyles: a Hollywood and a non- Hollywood. The non-Hollywood lifestyle, assured by Zanatti and Flegner, is the lifestyle Bvillain is bringing to Arrowhead.

According to Flegner, he does not condone what Bvillain does on his videos.

On Wednesday, February 18, AHS arranged for a former DEA agent with over 25 years of experience as a “high profile drug buster,” Robert Stutman, to give a presentation about the effects of substance abuse.

But this is contrary to Bvillain’s branding, which includes music videos highlighting smoking marijuana.

So does Bvillain represent the Arrowhead Way of being respectful, being responsible, and being appropriate?

Both Flegner and Zanatti say they desire students’ feedback.

The Bvillian event is Friday, February 13th, after the varsity basketball team plays Muskego. Come for yourself to see if, in your opinion,  Bvillain is the image that Arrowhead says they want the students to emulate.