The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

• May 30WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024! WE WILL BE BACK FALL 2024!
  • May 30LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!! LAST ARTICLES OF THE YEAR!!

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Introduction to Arrowhead Girls Varsity Softball 2024

The Arrowhead Girls Varsity Softball program boasts records that include Conference Champions in 2022, 2021, 2018, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, and 1985. The program also has been WIAA State Qualifier in 2008, 2006, 2004, 1993, 1987, and 1982. The program won its first and only WIAA State Championship in 1982. 

Arrowhead High School offers three levels of competitive fast pitch softball for girls in grades nine through 12. These levels are Varsity, Junior Varsity, and the two freshman teams Junior Varsity 1 and Junior Varsity 2. The season begins with tryouts in the middle of March and concludes in the middle of May for Junior Varsity teams and early June for the Varsity team. 

The 2024 season began on Monday, March 11th. 

The Head Varsity Coach is Grace Salaja. Mike Boerst coaches the Junior Varsity team assisted by Dan Truttschel. Jerry Boughner and Caitlyn Spreitzer are the JV1 and JV2 Coaches, respectively.

Head Coach Grace Salaja played for the Arrowhead Softball program from 2015 to 2019 before continuing her softball career at Milwaukee School of Engineering. 

According to the Arrowhead Union High School website, the softball program “instill[s] character in our student-athletes and produce[s] teams that the Arrowhead community will be proud of both on and off of the field of play.”  

So far, the Girls Varsity team has a record of 14-4. As a team the Warhawks have 182 hits and 127 RBI’s on the season as well as a combined team batting average of .349. 

As a part of the Classic 8 Conference, Arrowhead plays Muskego, Kettle Moraine, Mukwonago, Waukesha North, Oconomowoc, Waukesha West, Catholic Memorial, and Waukesha South. As of right now, Arrowhead is 10-1 in the Classic 8. Leading the conference is Muskego, undefeated in the Classic 8 at 12-0. 

The seniors graduating the program this year include Reagan Jones, Stella Peterson, Molly Boerst and Jacyln Showalter who are all attending UW-Madison to continue their academic careers. 

Showalter, who is committed to playing Division 1 Softball at UW-Madison next year, leads the team with 61 runs batted in and 16 home runs on the year. 

The 2024 WIAA State Softball Tournament will begin on Thursday, June 4th and end on Saturday, June 6th.