Senior Graduation Party Plans

Arrowhead Seniors graduate on June 1st, 2024. Though not all graduating senior host parties, it is common for graduation parties to be held the summer after the student’s graduation, according to Punchbowl.

“I’m planning on having a party but just for family. My dad is going to rent out a barn venue near our house that hosts parties. I’m not sure about the theme or date yet but I was thinking sometime mid June,” says senior Emma Danes. 

Common places to hold graduation parties are parks, restaurants, or backyards, according to rsvpify

“I’m not going to have a graduation party because a lot of time and money goes into it and I don’t think I want to spend that much time and money rights before college,” says senior Ray Wieland. 

According to the Ascent, on average, graduation parties cost $1,128. 

“I think I’m going to do one party for my family and one for my friends. I’ll probably have the one for my family the day after graduation because all my family will be in town,” says senior Alaina Raddatz. 

Traditionally, the graduate’s immediate and extended family, friends, and favorite teachers or coaches are all invited, according to the Balmoral House.

“I’m planning on having a small party, mostly for family. I’m asking for money for college instead of gifts,” says senior Eden Harrison. 

According to WCNC, it is customary to give $20-$25 to high school graduates and around $50 to college graduates.

“I only give gifts or money to very close friends, not to every person whose party I go to,” says Harrison.