The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Countdown to The End of the School Year: Top Things Students Look Forward to

The last day of the 2023-2024 Arrowhead High School school year will occur on June 7th, 2024. Seniors will end school a week earlier and graduation is planned to be held June 2nd, if weather permits. 

“I’m looking forward to graduating, and after graduation, my mom is taking me to England,” says Arrowhead senior Tia Salerno. 

As of April 10th, 2024, there are fifty-three calendar days or a little more than two months left of school. 

“This school year is moving really fast for me and I don’t like it. It’s not my last school year, since I have another year at home. But I’m sad since it is my first and last year here,” says senior Sofia Iacona, an Italian foreign exchange student. 

The class of 2024 is approaching the final moments of their senior year. Some upcoming activities for seniors include prom, senior sunset, and the senior class party. 

“I will be excited to finally leave Arrowhead and move forward with my life. This year is going by super fast but I wish it was going by faster,” says senior Nick Perry.

Seniors finish school on May 31st and have the senior party that night, hosted at Arrowhead. 

“The last day of school will be normal for me, but I’m going to the senior party later after school,” says senior Olivia Voelker.

With the school year ending, a lot of seniors have graduation, graduation parties, and a lot of traditional activities with friends and family to look forward to before entering freshman year of college. 

“I’m excited for my grad party, with my family. I’m having my party at a park and we are getting subs catered,” says Salerno.

Senioritis is affecting some seniors and maybe hitting harder than ever now since there are less than two months left of high school. 

“I will be excited to finally leave Arrowhead and move forward with my life,” says Perry

“I’m going to cry all my tears because I don’t want to leave this school and leave my friends. It’s going to be hard saying goodbye to them,” says Iacona.