New Attendance Procedure Started on March 6

As of March 6th, 2024, parents can use Skyward to submit student attendance information.

According to the Arrowhead Advisor, “In an effort to create an easier and more efficient process for families to enter absences, AHS will be transitioning to using the Parent Access to Skyward for submitting student attendance.”

According to the Arrowhead Advisor, to report an absence parents can select the Main Menu tab in the Skyward website or app, then select Attendance and Add Absent Request. There, the time period and reason for absence, like illness, vacation, or family emergency, can be entered. 

“I thought the system was very convenient and efficient. It suits my needs much better than calling in and hearing the recorded message because I have already heard the message and do not need to hear it again,” says Nancy Rivard, the parent of current Arrowhead junior. 

According to the Arrowhead Advisor, the system will automatically fill in the student name, school, current date.

“I like that information, like the school and date, is automatically filled in. This is a great use of technology and time,” says Rivard.

“[Arrowhead] will still be accepting phone messages this year during the learning and transitioning phase in hopes that next year the Skyward App becomes the main method of absence notification,” according to the Arrowhead Advisor. 

Arrowhead’s absence policy allows students to be absent for ten days or 100 periods during the school year, according to the Arrowhead District Handbook