AHS Girls Basketball Takes Home the Golden Ball

The Arrowhead Girls Basketball team headed to state on March 8th, 2024, for Semifinals at the Resch Center in Green Bay.

The #1 seeded Warhawks played the #4 seed Franklin at 6:30pm, winning 82-55. Arrowhead’’s Sophomore Natalie Kussow put up the most points in the game with 33. Franklin’’s Natalie Meaux was their leading scorer, putting up 24 points for the game. 

Arrowhead had a total of 10 personal fouls and 10 fouls drawn. Franklin had 12 personal fouls and 10 fouls drawn. 

After winning the semifinal game against Franklin, the girls went on to the state championship game, which was on Saturday, March 9, 2024, at 8:15pm. Arrowhead took on the number three seed Neenah. 

The girls took home the Division 1 gold ball, winning the game 69-59. 

Senior Taylor Thimmisch says, “I think we had a really good playoff run and played together as a team which helped us in the end.” 

Kussow again led the team in scoring with a total of 26 points. Neenah’’s Allie Ziebell put up a total of 35 points. 

Arrowhead had a total of 17 turnovers and Neenah had 7. 

Senior Erica Bub was Arrowhead’s second highest scorer with a total of 12 points. Senior Abby Robel was close behind with 10 points. 

Robel said, “I feel really good about our win and that we peaked at the right time because we took home the win.” 

The girls ended this season with a record of 25-3, including the state tournament. Their only losses were to Homestead, Nazareth Academy, and Pewaukee during the regular season. 

Arrowhead was first place in their conference going undefeated 14-0. 

Bub says, “My favorite moment was in the locker room after the game taking pictures and the coaches talking to the team after.” 

Arrowhead’s leading scorer this year was Kussow, ending the year through the past 27 games with a total of 628 points. Robel was the second highest scorer ending her year with 244 points. Sophomore Libby Gilmore was the third highest with 227 points and Bub was close behind with 225. 

Robel said her favorite moments at state were the bus rides and winning the trophy. 

Thimmisch says, “My favorite moment at state was the buzzer sound at the end of the championship game. It was the best moment of my high school career.” 

The Arrowhead Warhawks won multiple awards this season including 11 academic all state recognitions as well as awarded the Classic 8 sportsmanship award. 

Sophomore Presley Samz won Classic 8 all defensive team. 

Kussow won player of the year and all state. 

Robel and Gilmore won first team all conference. 

Bub and Samz won second team all conference. 

Robel, Samz, and Gilmore got all state honorable mention.