Preview of Arrowhead Girls Lacrosse

On Monday, March 11th, 2024 the Arrowhead Girls Lacrosse season will start. Arrowhead is a member of the Classic 8 Conference and the WIAA. 

For Girls Lacrosse, the Classic 8 Conference includes the following schools: Arrowhead, Waukesha West/North/South/Catholic Memorial, Brookfield East/Central, Cedarburg, DSHA, Hamilton, Homestead, Kettle Moraine, Mukwonago, Muskego, Oconomowoc, Ozaukee, University School of Milwaukee, Wauwatosa West/East, and Whitefish Bay/Nicolet/Shorewood.  

Arrowhead Girls Lacrosse currently has three teams: Varsity, Varsity Reserve, and Junior Varsity. It is a no cut sport at Arrowhead.

On Saturday, January 6th, Lacrosse Open Gyms started for the Girls and continued until Saturday, February 24. 

The 2024 season begins at the beginning of March and continues through the end of May. The State Championship is typically held in early June. All Girls Lacrosse tryouts will begin on Monday, March 4th and end Thursday, March 7th. Practices will begin the day after tryouts end. 

Senior Sara Pfeiffer says, “I’m excited to get to know my new teammates and try to have another winning season.” 

Returning players: Camila Obayashi, Charly Langlais-Frizzle, Kendall Danielson, Katie Curry, Gabby Haas, Ilsa Hardtke-Laughlin, Nicole Rivard, and Denise Gehring.

According to the WIAA, Arrowhead Varsity has won 11 State Championships (2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023), 14 Conference Championships, and the program was recently awarded the Journal Sentinel’s Top Team: Fan Vote Award in 2019.

Pfeiffer says, “Ii think we’re a hard working team and if we continue to perform and work hard we’ll be able to make it happen again.”

The mission statement, according to Arrowhead Union High School says, “to empower young women through the sport of lacrosse. Our program seeks to teach and reinforce the values of wholesome competition, great sportsmanship, and fair play as well as to support development in leadership/confidence, collaboration/community, and persistence through adversity.”

The coaching staff is made up of Head Coach Sara Tuescher and Assistant Coaches Jill Goldammer, Lauren Skaggs, Jen Simon, Grace Knoebel, Mary Lotz, Marissa Bloomer, and Jake Sweitzer. 

Junior Varsity and Varsity will both play their first games on Thursday, March 28th at 5:30 p.m and 7:30 p.m respectively. 

The AHS Invite held annually, takes place on Saturday, May 11th from 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m for both Varsity and Junior Varsity teams.