What Students are Wearing For Prom Dresses

Arrowhead is having their prom on April 27th, 2024, at the Brookfield Conference Center. It is from 6:15 PM to 11 PM with dinner, music, and places to take pictures. Ticket information is not posted yet; however, last year’s prom tickets were $85.

Students are starting to plan out dress shopping. 

According to TheFormalniche, dresses could take two weeks to a month to arrive if students order them online. If students go to a local boutique they can get them that day. 

Some local boutiques students go to are Element Style, Dressed in Time, and Peaches. All of the websites hyperlinked are available to access both inside and outside of school. The shopping website that is blocked on the school’s server is Windsor. 

Junior Lauren Thompson said, “I made an appointment at Element Style; they were a lot of help there and I bought a dress there that day. I really love it.” 

Element Style is a boutique located in Delafield that is open from 10 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday and from 10 AM to 5 PM on Saturday and 11 AM to 4 PM Sunday. They are offering prom dress try-on appointments that are $25 for one hour. According to the Element Style website, during these appointments, customers will be given an assistant to help them with the dresses in any way that the customer would need. 

Paying for appointments is not common unless at boutiques. 

Dressed In Time is a formal wear store located in Brookfield. Store hours are 10 AM to 6 PM Monday, Tuesday Thursday and from 10 AM to 4 PM on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dressed in time does not offer appointments for prom shoppers.

Some online stores that students shop at are Beginning Boutique, Lucy in the Sky, and Hello Molly. 

Senior Rachle Kleinhans said, “I bought my dress from Beginning Boutique and I love it.”

Boutiques and online stores vary in their prices. For instance, Dress in Time dresses range from a minimum of $300 to a maximum of about $800. While for other boutiques like Element Style prices can range from minimum of about $200 to a maximum of about $450. 

Senior Ellie Kadrich said, “My dress is very simple this year; it’s from Revolve.” 

Revolve is an online clothing store that sells clothing dresses, shoes, beauty items and accessories. 

Senior Grace Hamilton said, “I haven’t bought a dress yet, but I am looking at some on Beginning Boutique and I might go into Element Style to try some on.”