AHS Boys Hockey Senior Night

Arrowhead Boys Varsity Hockey team held their Senior Night on Saturday, February 3rd at the Mullett Ice Center at 7:30 p.m when they took on the Ashwaubenon Jaguars winning with a final score of 5-2.

The seniors of the program include Andrew Catalano, Grant Hansen, Will Merrick, Caden Viehe, Seth Lundberg, Simeon Lakic, Devin Musbach, Adam Stratmeyer, Walker Lantz, Carter Delaruelle, and Weasley Weaver. 

The Warhawks started with a quick goal early in the 1st period by Merrick and an assist from Sophomore Forward Jack Mckenna. The Jaguars scored shortly after on a power play by Jaguars Junior Defensemen Caden Dorn caused by Arrowhead Junior Forward Louie Monson with a slashing. Slashing is the act of swinging a player’s stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not.

The Warhawks ended the 1st period 2-1 with a goal from Mckenna assisted by Merrick and Hansen. 

The 2nd period neither the Warhawks or Jaguars put up a goal. When the 2nd period ended, it was followed by the Boys Senior Night ceremony. The Seniors shared their favorite hockey memories and what their future plans are. The boys were given flowers to give to their mom and then took a picture with their parent(s).

In the 3rd period, the Warhawks came out early again with a 3-1 lead from a goal scored by Catalano assisted by Mckenna. Eighteen seconds later the Warhawks scored again, this time Mckenna with the goal and Catalano with the assist. Mckenna had Arrowhead’s last goal of the game with assists from Merrick and Hansen. 

Senior Grant Hansen says, “My one year playing Arrowhead Hockey was the most fun I’ve ever had playing hockey.”

Jaguars Senior Jackson Wotruba scored a short handed goal with 2:59 left in the 3rd period finishing the scoring for both teams and securing an Arrowhead victory. 

The Warhawks had a total of 12 penalty minutes while the Jaguars had a total of eight minutes. In hockey, penalties are punishment for infringement of the rules. These can include but are not limited to: Tripping, Interference, Roughing, High Sticking, and Slashing.  

Hansen says, “Playing with the seniors from JV made my night.”