The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Arrowhead Girls Basketball Hosted Senior Night

Arrowhead girls basketball held their senior night on Tuesday, January 30th at 7:00pm. The ceremony took place at 6:45pm right after warmups. The girls basketball team includes six seniors two of which are managers and four of which are players. 

Senior Erica Bub said she was very excited for the game and is hopeful for the win. 

Senior Abby Robel said, “I was excited for the game but I knew it was going to be bittersweet.”

Junior Gabby Haas says that she loves all of her seniors and is going to miss them. 

The Arrowhead Warhawks beat the Oconomowoc Raccoons 60-33. In the first half the Warhawks held Oconomowoc to nine points. 

Oconomowoc freshman Amelia Van Der Kooy led her team with 9 points in the game and senior Noelle Anthon shortly behind her with 8 points. 

Sophomore Natalie Kussow led the Warhawks with 24 points in the game and sophomore Libby Gilmore led the team with 8 rebounds. Senior Taylor Thimmesch had the highest free throw percentage of the game with 4 out of 6 made. 

Head coach Ron Reichle says he thought the game was a good finish, started off a little slow but he wasn’t scared. 

The Warhawk seniors include: #10 Taylor Thimmesch, #11 Erica Bub, #12 Abby Robel, #15 Sophia Dixon, and managers, Reagan Jones and Paige Schlicker. 

The underclassman of the team each wore shirts with their chosen senior on it to school and to the game. Before the game, the seniors each made a poster board displaying their youth and high school career of basketball for fans to view before the game outside of the east gym. 

Assistant Coach Cheryl Bonlender created for each of the seniors a photo book of the players action shots and fun times they had as a team. Bonlender also created speeches for each of the seniors that she read before the game. 

Reichle says, “I think that Coach B said a lot of good things about them because it’s easy to find a lot of good things about them because they are a great group of six.” 

Robel says her favorite memory from Arrowhead basketball is singing on the bus rides to and from away games. 

Bub says that her favorite memory was the overnight the team just went on last weekend January 26-27th in Illinois. 

Reichle says, “I am going to miss all the seniors next year.” 

The Warhawks next game is Thursday February first at Kettle Moraine at 7:00pm. Kettle Moraine is 12-6 on the season while Arrowhead is 15-2. 

Reichle said that, “If we play like we usually do it will be a good game.”