The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Arrowhead Girls Hockey: Senior Night

On Friday, January 26th, at 7 p.m the Arrowhead Mullet hosts Senior Night for the Girls Hockey team in a game against Medford. 

The team, led by Head Coach Jackie Little, has eight seniors this year: Amelia Altmann, Alexa Jarvis, Andrea Harvey, Kendall Danielson, Naomi Little, Sara Kopf, and Kat Friel, and Erika Panella.  

For the Arrowhead Girls Hockey Senior Night, it is the final home game of the 2023-24 season. The players will be announced individually and escorted by their family at the beginning of the game to recognize their achievements over the last four years of their high school career. 

According to TraingleSeniorYear, Senior Night is a memorable and meaningful senior tradition for high school athletes and their families. It celebrates the culmination of years of hard work and commitment, and recognizes each senior’s contribution to the team and program, celebrates their athletic achievements, and acknowledges the support of their family and friends.

Senior Kendall Danielson and Sophomore Bella Hamel lead the team with 12 goals this season. 

Danielson says, “I’m sad that hockey is coming to an end but happy to celebrate with my seniors and give my respects to my coaches and teammates!”

According to the Arrowhead Girls Hockey Instagram, most seniors plan to attend a four-year college including Andrea Harvey (UW Milwaukee), Amelia Altmann (Undecided), Alexa Jarvis (Undecided), Kendall Danielson (Undecided), Naomi Little (Concordia University), and Erika Panella (UW Stevens Point), and Sara Kopf (MSOE). 

In the Eastern Shores Division the Arrowhead Warhawks rank #6 with a record of 8-9 overall and a record of 2-4 in the conference. The reigning State Champion Bay Area Icebears are ranked #1 with an overall record of 14-4 and a conference record of 7-0. 

Junior Emmy Berger says, “I’m really excited for the game and hope we win and gonna be super upset and ball my eyes out because everyone is going to be leaving me” 

Goalie Bri Chmiel has allowed only 20 goals out of 132 shots on the goal, giving her a save percentage of .848. Chmiel is one of two goalies on the team and has played for roughly 357 minutes this season.  

Senior Sara Kopf says, “I am pumped for the game should be fun and great night”