South Campus Library offers “Little Libraries” Book Recommendations

On Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024 South Campus Library Aide Trina Wesley sent an email to Arrowhead Faculty regarding the new library display called “Little Libraries.”

According to the email, staff members could recommend five to six of their favorite books to be included in the display. The recommendation form was open between January 3rd and January 9th, 2024. 

The display is currently set up in the South Campus library.

“As you enter the library, you will see it on the left-hand wall near the first study hall room door,” says Wesley.

The collection of recommended books will remain up for the rest of the school year.

“I did not intend to change the books out, but I might send out a message to all staff in the next few days, inviting them in to take a look at their colleague’s book recommendations and to submit their book choices, if they have not already; so, we’ll see. I might add a few new teachers in the next few weeks,” says Wesley. 

According to the Arrowhead website, students are allowed to check out books for up to four weeks. 

Library aide Gina Hall says, there is no limit to the number of books a student can borrow at one time. Students can also check out books over the summer. 

“I sent out a Google form to faculty to see if they’d respond with their five to six favorite, most-highly recommended books. I had 13 staff members respond. Each gave me between three to six titles. I was able to find about half of those books to put on display for students, and even other faculty, to look at or check out,” says Wesley.

The Arrowhead library has nearly 25,000 books total, according to the Arrowhead website.

“I hoped that students would connect with one or more book titles and maybe check one out, or start a conversation with that teacher about it. There is everything from fantasy to classics to a book about Giannis that have been recommended by teachers! There is something for everyone,” says Wesley.