The Arrowhead

The student news site of Arrowhead Union High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Student’s Favorite Movies of the Year

The 2024 Golden Globe Awards took place on January 7, 2024 at 7:00 PM CST on CBS.

The awards “[honor] the standouts in television and film,” according to CNN.

Some Golden Globes were awarded to specific actors or actresses, while others were awarded to the movie or show.  

According to the Golden Globes website, “There are currently 27 categories recognizing motion picture and television performances.”

The Golden Globes can be streamed on Paramount+.

“I absolutely love Daisy Jones and the Six because I love the stories, characters, emotions, and the actors/actresses,” says junior Nicole Rivard. 

Daisy Jones and the Six is a mini series released on March 3rd, 2023 based on the book by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

The show was nominated for three Golden Globes.

According to UNCSA, “Daisy Jones and the Six was nominated for best performance by a female actor in a limited series, anthology series, or a motion picture made for television, best performance by a male actor in a limited series, anthology series, or a motion picture made for television and best limited series, anthology series, or a motion picture made for television at the Golden Globes.”

Daisy Jones and the Six is not available at the Arrowhead Library. 

According to Today.com, “The book version of Daisy Jones follows the band as they write and produce their first album, Aurora. While Jenkins wrote lyrics for some of the songs, the show takes it a step further by setting them to melody.”