Seniors Apply for the Arrowhead Scholarship Fund

The Arrowhead Scholarship fund opened December 19th, 2023 and closes February 2, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. An application form was emailed to all seniors. 

The application form consists of multiple parts.

According to the email from the Arrowhead Scholarship fund, the application consists of worksheets to fill out for employment, community service, and extracurricular activities. A short essay and two references are also required. One of the references must be an Arrowhead teacher. 

The Arrowhead Scholarship fund awards multiple scholarships each year.

Last year the Arrowhead Scholarship fund awarded 110 scholarships to AHS graduates, according to the email. 

The amount of money given out varies for each scholarship. 

According to the Arrowhead Scholarship fund website,“during the past few years, we have been able to award more than 80 scholarships ranging from $500 to $3,000 each, for a total of more than $80,000 annually.”

The Arrowhead Scholarship fund is made up of donations. 

According to the Arrowhead website, “ASF depends on gifts from a variety of community sources in addition to financial support from fundraising activities coordinated by the Board of Directors.”

The Arrowhead Scholarship fund gives out scholarships to multiple students based on different criteria. 

According to the Arrowhead Scholarship fund website, the board awards students who “excel in academics, participate in high school activities, contribute to our community through volunteerism, begin developing work experience, and are leaders among their peers.”

Not all applicants receive a scholarship and some students decide not to submit an application.

“Honestly, there are just way too many extra things that I need to fill out and I don’t have the time to do that, especially with the two teacher recommendations. I just think that a lot of other scholarships are easier and faster to sign up for so I should spend my time on those,” says senior Ray Wieland.  

The Arrowhead Scholarship fund Board of Directors decide which students fit the criteria and will be awarded scholarships.

“Some scholarships are designated to students pursuing a particular area of interest. Awards for scholarships are given based upon a number of criteria including G.P.A., ACT scores, as well as extra curricular school activities, leadership roles, community service, employment and letters of recommendation,” according to the Arrowhead website.

The Board of Directors is made up of volunteers.

According to the Arrowhead Scholarship fund website, the President is Abbie Holland and the 

Vice President/Scholarship Chairperson is Emily Pfeiffer. 

Winners of the scholarships will be notified in May. 

According to the Arrowhead Advisor, “The awards presentation is scheduled for Sunday, May 19, 2024 at 3:00 p.m. in the North Campus Theatre.”